Paradise Unified School District takes proactive measures to
protect the safety of all our students and staff members.
- District representatives attend safe schools trainings.
representatives work in close collaboration with local emergency
personnel to develop and maintain plans for coping with a variety of
emergency response situations.
- Plans are regularly reviewed and updated.
- School system personnel practice these drills on a regular basis.
Actions taken during any type of emergency situation depend a great deal on the specifics of the incident.
If an incident occurs at a school, we ask that parents do not go directly to the school
School staff is prepared to maintain as safe and normal an environment
as possible within the school. School is not automatically canceled in
emergency situations. Indeed, school may be the safest place for
children to be during some emergency conditions.
In times of emergency, a variety of local media will be used to provide information. Parents should:
Visit this district website for emergency updates
- Tune into local major radio and television stations
- Call the district office at (530) 872-6400