Public Comment Procedures Top of Page
PUSD Regular Board Meetings will be in-person and by zoom. According to CDPH, indoor public board meetings will require unvaccinated individuals to wear masks. By entering without a mask you are self-attesting that you are in compliance with this requirement.
During the public comment section of the meeting, visitors may address issues that do not appear on the agenda. The law does not allow the Board to take action on items not appearing on the agenda. If visitors wish to address issues listed on the agenda, they may do so at the time the item is addressed by the Board. Conduct of the Hearing Session / Public Forum will be as follows, per PUSD Board Bylaws, #9323, Meeting Conduct:
- Speakers will identify themselves and will direct their comments to the Chair of the board.
- Speakers will be given (3) three minutes to present their topic. Time will be monitored.
- Each general topic will be limited to twenty minutes.
- Priority will be given to student speakers.
- Once two speakers have shared a similar viewpoint the Chair will ask for a differing viewpoint. If no other viewpoint is represented, then a third speaker may present.
- Speakers will not be allowed to yield their time to other speakers.
- Speakers will respect the time limit granted for their presentation. Those speakers unwilling to respect the time limit will be asked to discontinue their presentation by the Chair. An unwillingness to halt a presentation after being directed will, at the discretion of the Chair, result in the meeting being called into a recess until such time that the meeting can resume in an orderly fashion.
SPEAKER CARD - For Public Participation
Members of the public wishing to address the Board may submit a speaker card. Virtual speaker cards will be accepted by email until 12:00 pm on the day of the Board Meeting and in person speaker cards will be accepted up until Open Session Begins.
- Speaker card emails will be accepted from the public once the meeting agenda is posted.
- Please include your name and the agenda item you will be addressing, if any. If not addressing a specific agenda item, please let us know and your comment will be included in the general Public Comments agenda item.
SPEAKER CARD - In-Person Participation Instructions
- When it is time for the speakers to address the Board, their name will be called.
- Speakers should come to the microphone, state their name (utilized on the Speaker Card Request), and begin their comments.
- There will be a clock on the big screen for the speaker to see their 3 minutes.
SPEAKER CARD - Remote Participation Instructions
- Members of the public wishing to speak will have to be at the meeting via Zoom (Find meeting links at GAMUT Meetings Online)
- When it is time for the speakers to address the Board, a staff member will call on the submitter and unmute them for their Public Comment.
- There will be a clock on the screen for the speaker to see their 3 minutes.