The Bright Future at PUSDTop of Page
Our MissionTop of Page
The mission of Paradise Unified School District, as the educational leader of the community, is to graduate knowledgeable, productive, responsible citizens who are motivated to continue learning and are able to function successfully, with integrity, in a complex, changing world.
Paradise Unified School District takes that mission seriously; we are continually analyzing student evaluations and standardized test results to determine which classroom interventions and approaches are most effective in helping our students to learn.
Our GoalsTop of Page
The district's specific goals are created with participation and input from business and community members, parents, teachers, staff members, and administrators. These goals are then revised periodically to best reflect the community's needs and desires for its school district.
Our community's goals for education are:
- Graduate 100% of our students by providing multiple pathways to meet graduation requirements
- All students competent in basic skills
- Technology skills for all students and staff in well-equipped, interconnected schools
- Character education for all students and competence in interpersonal skills
- Educational programs to meet the individual needs of all students
- Partnerships with home for academic learning and student conduct.
- Reciprocal partnerships with the community in which our schools are community learning centers
- Disciplined, safe, alcohol- and drug-free schools
- Provide for smaller schools and class sizes
- Professional development for staff
Professional Learning Communities (PLC)Top of Page
Research indicates that schools improve when teachers are given the time and support to work together to clarify essential student learning, develop common assessments for learning, analyze evidence of student learning, and use that evidence to learn from one another.Here is a helpful websites for those interested in exploring Professional Learning Communities: