California is field testing a new website called California School Dashboard, which is designed to help communities across the state access important information about K-12 districts and schools. Please click here to learn more.
There's no doubt about it, your KINDNESS MATTERS!
(If calendar does not load, click here)
PUSD’s Vision for Excellence –
- The educational program educates the “whole child,” academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
- All staff believes every student will learn and achieve.
- Each student experiences an engaging, quality, rigorous curriculum with effective instructional practices.
- Effective program options accommodate the interests and needs of all students.
- Students and staff feel valued, respected and recognized for accomplishments and achievements.
- All facilities are clean, safe, secure and inviting to students, parents, staff and the community.
- All decisions will ensure fiscal responsibility and solvency for the District.
Our District Educational Goals
- Graduate 100% of our students by providing effective instruction, support and multiple pathway options.
- Provide leadership training and staff development to develop the skills, knowledge, strategies and experiences to successfully implement an effective instructional program and the goals of the PUSD Strategic Plan.
- Provide school environments that are updated, clean, safe/secure, well equipped and supportive of the school community.
- Communicate with and involve parents, community and staff so they are well informed and recognized for their contributions to student learning.
programs, activities, and practices shall be free from discrimination based on race, color, ancestry,
national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or
mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, or genetic
information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or
group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
organizations, applicants for admission and employment, and sources of referral for applicants
about the District's policy on non-discrimination and related complaint procedures.
format that parents/guardians can understand and, when required by law, in a language other than
English. Complaints alleging noncompliance with the District's policy of non-discrimination
should be directed to Tom Taylor, Director of Human Resources, at the Paradise Unified School District
office (6696 Clark Road, Paradise, California, 95969; 530-872-6400 ext. 235). A copy of the
District's Non-Discrimination Policy is available at the District Office.
and any implementing standards and/or regulations. The Superintendent or designee shall ensure
that the district provides auxiliary aids and services when necessary to afford individuals with
disabilities equal opportunity to participate in or enjoy the benefits of a service, program, or
activity. Individuals with disabilities shall notify the Superintendent or principal if they have a
disability that requires special assistance or services. Reasonable notification should be given prior
to the school sponsored function, program, or meeting.
- Child Nutrition Programs
, District Contact:Tanya Harter, 872-6429at 6696 Clark Road, Paradise, CA 95969
- Consolidated Categorical Aid Programs
,Michelle John,872-6400, ext.225at 6696 Clark Road, Paradise, CA 95969
- Section 504
,Michelle John, 872-6400, ext.225at 6696 Clark Road, Paradise, CA 95969
- Special Education Programs,
Mary Ficcardi, 872-6400, ext. 244at 6696 Clark Road, Paradise, CA 95969
The Paradise Unified School District will receive and investigate complaints which allege unlawful discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, race, ancestry, national origin, color, or physical or mental disability in any program or activity conducted by the district which is funded directly by, or that receives or benefits from, any state financial assistance. The district shall investigate and seek to resolve complaints at the local level and shall follow uniform complaint procedures when addressing such complaints.